Monday, July 5, 2010

Finding my strength

I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. I had a fairly good one, but it wasn't perfect. Ryan is still underway. I always feel incomplete when he is gone. If one thing I've learned from this patrol, is that I can find the strength without him. I have to. It's hard to lean on a person playing hide and go seek in the ocean. I can't be a sobbing pile of goo and still take care of my daughter. And according to Ryan, he knows I can do this.

I can hear his "I told you so" as I type this. For those that know me, you know I'm a very introverted and feeling person. (For those that like specifics, I'm an INFJ.) Now, my husband has tweaked some of those, just due to his personality being strong than mine. It's been for the good. It's shown me that in hard times, like patrol nights where it just seems to be dragging and the toddler isn't listening, that I can do this. I can keep everything together.

Even with this strength I've found, it's still hard. I will also still be glad when my husband is home safe, and it won't be all on me. I hope he is doing okay out there, where ever he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment