Sunday, February 13, 2011

Seeing the world through my daughter's eyes

The past week or so, I've been trying to spend some extra quality time with my daughter. She's had a rough spell lately. It's been nice to watch the world through her eyes. She's such a vibrant little girl, and she manages to dream up these magical words.

We've been having fun little movie days, craft days, and walks when the weather is nice. Sometimes she reminds me of the silvertongues in Inkheart. (I've only seen the movie, though.) People that can tell you a story, and it comes to life. I love listening to her describe things she sees.

For as stressful and painful as it is during deployments, I definitely do treasure this time with her. We miss him a ton, but we're making it through. I'm definitely trying to look on the bright side of things and just make the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment