Saturday, June 5, 2010

Farmer's Market Fun

This morning we went to the first Farmer's Market here for the season. This is the first time Alison and I have been here for the start. Oh my at the fresh veggies, fruit and other yummy things. Alison had a ball being able to pick out things that she liked and pay for them. She picked out some strawberries and blueberries. All total we spent about 100 dollars between Mom and I, but it was worth it. I'd rather give my money to the farmer's that grew the stuff than take my chances with trying to find good stuff at the store.

Here are some pictures of our haul:









The corn was an interesting find. Mom and Dad said the vendors have been there as long as they remember. People were lining up for this corn even before the market opened. And I'm talking a LONG line. They where buying it dozens upon dozens of ears of corn at a time. hehe. Right before we left, the line had gotten loads shorter, so I jumped in and snagged some.

No comments:

Post a Comment